The concept of follow-through can be examined using graphs. Consider the graphs below, excerpted from the book Golf Science from Schottenbauer Publishing:
- Which graph above shows backwards rebound of the golf club from the ball?
- Which graph above shows follow-through in the swing?
- Compare the graphs, and describe the difference in the highest pre-swing position of the golf club, including both vertical & horizontal coordinates. Is the highest pre-swing position of the club approximately the same in both graphs?
- Compare the graphs, and describe the difference in velocity (speed and direction) of the golf club at the moment it hits the ball. Is the velocity approximately the same in both graphs?
- Compare the graphs, and describe any differences in the trajectory of the ball.
- Using these graphs, describe the importance of follow-through.
- Are these graphs suitable for assessing the importance of follow-through?